Should I trust a sales associate with advice on bodybuilding and nutrient needs?
Here’s what you should know…
- Some may hold an education in…nutrition / exercise science.
- However, some individuals hold a legit education in….BUSINESS & ENGLISH.
- Some individuals have a combined education.
Personally, I rather consider advice from someone who has experience in, fill in the blank.
! People don’t visit a health food store for business advice !
– They assume….so-an-so behind the desk has a legit (health science) background.
However, some DO NOT have a legit background in nutrition and exercise science.
Personally: I consider opinions, but I do not always agree / follow.
With that noted, some individuals have potential to gain knowledge.
No training whatsoever?
- It depends on the store and all things.
- Some individuals may receive on-job-training – completing computerized (possibly..unmonitored – open book) exams…
- Some branches/stores provide an answer key to prepare for exams.
- Glancing over-research literature.
What’s the down-side?
- If….open book is permitted or an answer key is provided…
- it requires less effort and minimal understanding of fill in the blank.
- Almost anyone can pass an open book exam.
- On job training (by an unqualified individual)?!
A business minded person preaching vitamin/mineral metabolism?
- Glancing does not equate an understanding in/of fill in the blank.
In my experience: typically, it requires 3-4 years and some more…(to intuitively understand) nutrition science (and research literature). If a person doesn’t understand medical-science-terms…it’s incomprehensible.
So, I ask…do you want advice from someone who doesn’t understand? Do you want to pay for that lack of understanding?
If yes, I respect your choices. However, I would consider the following:
– Many who waste $100s if not $1000s by listening to poor advice.
– Experience (deleterious) side effects from whatever supplement.
A person w/ a lack of understanding does not think about… drug-nutrient interaction.
A business minded person has a fiduciary responsibility:
+ Sale what’s in that fuckin store…and you’re the buy.
#healthfoodstore #vitaminworld #vitaminshoppe #gnc