Nick, my medical doctor says it’s all about the calories.
I suggest the following to your weight-loss medical doctor (MD):
If need-be, go back to school and consider…
+ Re-educate on chemical / mechanical digestion.
+ Focus on: micro/mac nutrient profile of fill in the blank.
+ Complete courses in nutrition biochemistry. + Consider before / after results / outcomes.
Where’s his / her evidence of effectiveness?
He says it’s good to create a deficit.
I consider that to be woefully lacking / inadequate…why?
- Takes away responsibility and accountability (from the following above).
- Some MDs (even RDs) focus on calories in-out because it’s simple.
- However, nutrition biochemistry isn’t that simple.
- How the body works can be complex.
- Furthermore, choosing foods based on calories (takes focus away from food-quality = micro-nutrients).
- Not sustainable.
- A high % cannot sustain on a low-calorie diet / deficit diets (consider: micro/macro nutrients).
- It’s important to consider where calories are derived from.
- It’s a metabolic-wrecking-ball!
Now, however, there’s a timeline to this.
- In the beginning, s/he may experience weight loss…
- However, what type of weight loss…muscle or fat?
- After 6 months to a year…what’s the outcome?
At your age…do you see yourself in constant starvation and strenuous exercise?
My MD says I need to work out and diet
That’ll create a greater deficit – how?
- Micro / macro nutrient deficiencies.
- Again, metabolic-wrecking-ball!
My MD says I should get all my nutrients from a well balance diet!
- What’s a well-balance diet?
- Based on who/what definition…criteria?
- Who’s designing this well balance diet?
A well-balance diet shouldn’t be created based solely on calories! Furthermore, does your MD have the training to address nutrition issues? How does your MD measure this?
- Test / labs?
Again, long-term…where’s the evidence to support whatever claim?
+ Client case-studies.
+ Transformation footage.
+ Legit reviews / testimonials.
Most importantly….consider your MDs education…
? what his / her training…
? in what field ?